Location: Calgary, Alberta
Asking Price: $18,750 CAD (Final Sale Price)
- Model Year: 1978
- Odometer: 67K
- Trim: Royale
- Length: 26FT
- Seller Type: Private Owner
- Contact Name: SOLD!
- Phone: SOLD!
- Email: SOLD!
Description & More Pictures
#UPDATE 10/10/2018: I have been combing through receipts and other documentation including old motorhome club registers and I have verified this is an Olds 455ci engine. It contains forged internals, a Comp 260/260 cam, headwork, and other work to the engine builder’s spec for a motorhome chassis/weight.
1978 GMC Motorhome 26′ – Royale
This is a fine example of a classic coach made by GMC!
Imported from Washington in 2012 to Vancouver, BC. Then driven to Calgary, and then most recently to Saskatchewan on a family vacation.
These Class-A GMCs came with the Oldsmobile 403 ci (6.6L) and TH-425 Transaxle making it a FWD layout.
They had rear air suspension on bogies which allows for a very low floor and plenty of interior space. Collector vehicle status as it was registered in BC, 12,921 produced by GMC. The 1978 GMC Royale number less than 1000 and were considered by many to be the top of the line. I would not be kidding to say that people just walk up and begin chatting about this unit every single time we are out. Even if you have no interest in the GMC Motorhome much more information and folklore can be found online with a simple google search, so have fun
Equipment on this bus;
* Royale edition commissioned by Jimmy Motor Homes (aka Coachmen)
* Walnut woodwork with Cedar-lined wardrobe
* Side Bath model
* Alcoa Wheels (16″ 160231)
* 6 New Michelin LTX tires
* Twin beds at rear (very easy to make a queen)
* Macerator toilet (these things are the cat’s meow…you’ll never go back)
* Heated & Power side mirrors
* Duo-Therm Roof and GMC Chassis A/C
* Air ride levelling system
* Spot Light
* Sunbrella Awnings on Zip Dee frames
* Sunbrella window coverings
* Roof box
* Breville microwave
* 6000w Onan Generator (fully serviced)
* Suburban NT-30m Furnace
* Dometic RM100 Refer – 3-way 12v/110v/LP Gas operation
* Original Atwood GH6-3E upgraded to the GCH6A-9E Water Heater
* 18gal LPG
* Electric fuel pump
Professional Appraisal on hand.