Location: Mahopac, New York
Asking Price: $7,500
- Model Year: 1976
- Odometer: 75,000
- Trim: Elganza II
- Length: 26FT
- Seller Type: Private Owner
- Contact Name: Martin J Greenberg
- Phone: (914) 329-1463
- Email: [email protected]
Description & More Pictures
1976 GMC Eleganza GM 6.2 Liter Turbo-Diesel Motorhome
A rare opportunity to buy a classic GMC motorhome with a unique engine, the GM 6.2 liter diesel with a turbocharger. I’m the second owner and the engine was installed brand new around twenty thousand miles ago. There’s a separate fuel tank for the Onan generator.
No doubt this she’ll need a lot of work to get back on the road. The interior was removed and the seats reupholstered. Insulation was installed with plans to update lighting to LED when the new ceiling and wall panels were installed. Never got around to finishing the project and it’s no longer practical for me to do.
WORK DONE IN THE RECENT PAST INCLUDES:
- Clean and flush fuel tanks and replace fuel lines
- Install new 3 inch exhaust system
- Bogie bushing and spindle replacement
- Both windshields were replaced
- New batteries installed
- Aluminum battery trays front and rear (slide out)
- Brand new inverter/charger (never installed).
- Brand new radio/cd changer (never installed).
- Install the interior (seats were reupholstered).
- Repair a rear cabinet
- Replace side bumper material.
I’ve driven this motorhome all over the country. It handled well and the 6.2 liter GM turbo-diesel engine was a good match for vehicle weight. It pulled well up long hills in the west
when towing a car. I dismantled the interior planning to renovate and never got around to finishing the project. It’s time for a new owner with a new vision.
A recent attempt to start it with new batteries resulted in immediate engine response with starting fluid. Looking into fuel delivery problem. May need a fuel pump. The air suspension system inflated properly and held air well. I suggest that it be transported on a flatbed to a place where it can be worked on to get it back on the road.